My name is Ian Fisher. I'm a software engineer at Google. I graduated from Haverford College in 2019 with a bachelor's degree in computer science and linguistics.
I am the creator of a popular series of geography quizzes:
- How many U.S. cities can you name?
- How many European cities can you name?
- How many Asian cities can you name?
- How many African cities can you name?
- How many world cities can you name?
- and more.
I write about software engineering on my blog, and I maintain an active GitHub profile. Some of my projects include:
- hera-py: A virtual machine, assembler, and debugger for the Haverford Educational RISC Architecture (HERA).
- DP-internal only in English and Russian: My undergraduate thesis in linguistics, on the formal semantics of the word only.
- The Ergonomics of Faceted Execution: My undergraduate thesis in computer science, on faceted execution.
- Scam: A toy functional programming language inspired by Scheme.
A full list of my projects is available here.
You can reach me by email. My email address is my first name @ the name of this website.