My name is Ian Fisher. I'm a software developer at a fintech startup in New York. I previously worked at Google on the Fuchsia operating system. I am also the creator of a popular series of geography quizzes, now hosted at cityquiz.io. If you'd like to get in touch, send an email to my first name @ the name of the website.
I blog about software development and occasionally about my geography quizzes. You can subscribe to my mailing list to receive each new post in your inbox.
- isqlite: An improved Python interface to SQLite
- Using SQLite effectively in Python
- Why I am writing a new programming language
- London, Paris, and Naberezhnyye Chelny: Analyzing results from my European cities quiz
- What's the best-known city in America? ...and other stats from my U.S. cities game
- Personal go links
- The technology behind a web app with 200,000 monthly visits
- Testing command-line applications
- A subtle garbage collector bug
- A tool to manage git pre-commit hooks
- Type-safe generic data structures in C
- Writing an interpreter and debugger for an assembly language